I don’t know why but gift guides, the kind with a glossy white background and clean, numbered images grouped by category are so alluring to me! So of course I had to make one of my own, and why not one full of gift ideas for men? For me, guys—be it husbands, brother-in-laws, dads, or grandpas, are the hardest to buy for. Am I alone here?
*The following contains affiliate links*
- Zippo Chrome Lighter – Stylish and useful, especially for cigar smokers and the frequent camper.
- Wireless Earbuds – Great for working out and mowing the lawn without getting tangled up.
- Whiskey Stones – Keeps a drink cold without watering it down. “Alcohol Ammo”
- Sandalwood Pocket Comb – For the well groomed and the bearded.
- “Ready Player One” Audiobook* – For the gamers, nerds, and long commuters (*Mild Language)
- Face Bomb Cleansing Mud Mask – For the acne-plagued and spa-lovers
- Yeti Tumbler – Universally appealing gift. Keeps hot things hot and cold things cold for HOURS
- Assorted Mini Liquors – So easy to put together your own for a fraction of the price of those “gift sets.” Choose an assortment of whiskeys or rums (or whatever your guy drinks) at your local liquor store (Total Wine and More has a huge selection). You can even create a cocktail kit by including recipes along with the required mixers such as ginger beer, tonic water, club soda, bitters, maraschino cherries, fresh mint sprigs and homemade simple syrup.
- Homemade Steak Rub – For grill masters and chefs a tasty rub is where it’s at. There are countless recipes for all kinds of meat. The one I linked to is a delicious Coffee Cocoa Chile Steak Rub. I recommend tripling the recipe to fill an 8 oz. mason jar.
- Poker Chip Set – Great for a poker lover. These chips have a nice quality weight and are not cheap plastic. The case makes it super legit looking.
- Portable Poker Table – What I love most about this is that it feels like such a big gift, but it’s very affordable! This table makes a casual poker game seem like so much more of an “event” and really makes a guy night that much cooler. It sits right on top of your kitchen or dining room table.
- Homemade Beef Jerky – This is a really simple thing to do in the oven, and will definitely impress the guy who thought this stuff only came from the store.
- Day by Day with J.C. Ryle: A Daily Devotional – 365 days of brief but solid biblical teaching.
Plus the cutest and most stylish Advent Calendar I’ve ever seen (*sigh* next year) and it is a SENSIBLE scale. Meaning: you can actually find items that will FIT inside. Most of of the advent calendars out there have microscopic spaces to put items in, which basically limits you to an M&M or a folded up bible verse.
So tell me! What nifty, clever gifts have you put under your tree this year? Don’t you love the feeling you get when you find the perfect thing for someone?