Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means at no additional cost to you, I receive a small commission from Amazon. All my product recommendations are honest and I am grateful for your support of Read Cook Devour.
Gift giving is an art. They say “it’s the thought that counts.” Exactly. The thought counts. Taking the time to consider who you are buying for―how they have fun, their habits, their passions―is key to finding something that will make them feel seen and known.
There is nothing wrong with fulfilling a wish list, but the memorable gift moments happen when the person opening it didn’t pick it out ahead of time, yet, when they see it they know how perfect it is for them.
I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite podcast episodes on the topic of gift giving and I hope it inspires you to put your Sherlock cap on and enjoy the game of investigation required for good gift giving!
I’m also sharing my recommendations for tasteful gifts with wide appeal, so that if you are stumped by one or two people on your list, maybe one of the things in my Savvy Gift Guide will point you in the right direction.
Best Gift Giving Podcast Episodes
- Coffee + Crumbs | This Is How We Do: Gift Giving
- She Proves Faithful | Theology of Gifts
- The Lazy Genius | The Lazy Genius Buys A Gift
- Smart Passive Income | The Art of Giving Gifts with John Ruhlin
- Simple Families | Holiday Q+A [Part 1]
Savvy Gift Guide
For The Foodie:
- The Pretty Dish Cookbook: More than 150 Everyday Recipes and 50 Beauty DIYs to Nourish Your Body Inside and Out
- Half Baked Harvest Cookbook: Recipes from My Barn in the Mountains
- Graze: Inspiration for Small Plates and Meandering Meals
- The Taco Tuesday Cookbook: 52 Tasty Taco Recipes to Make Every Week the Best Ever
- Embossed Wooden Rolling Pin (take cookies to next level)
- Sweet Snowflakes Shortbread Pan (this makes me think of Narnia)
- Gingerbread House Bundt Pan (this is going to be mine)
- Bronze Autumn Treats Pan (cutest muffins ever)
- Copper Citrus Blossom Loaf Pan (this lemon loaf will impress)
- Copper French Press Coffee Kit (nothing says relax like french press)
- Formaticum Cheese Storage Bags (keep quality cheese fresh)
- Copper Measuring Spoons (gorgeous and useful!)
For The Reader/Writer/Studier:
- Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon (leather bound)
- Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions (timeless and rich)
- ESV Scripture Journal: New Testament Set (for the avid Bible studier)
- Magnetic Bookmarks (a cute stocking stuffer!)
- Pilot Frixion Colors Erasable Markers (draw or highlight, then erase!)
- Uptown Rose Leather Tote Bag (carry computer, books, and notes in classic style)
- Echo Smart Speaker (music, audiobooks, shopping lists, reminders, timers, so many helpful features!)
- Amazing Grace Floral Whitewash Sign
- It Is Well With My Soul Pine Wood Pallet Sign
- Rose Gold Slate Coasters
- One Year Magnolia Journal Subscription (a gift that keeps giving!)
For Maximum Coziness:
- Tea Forté Loose Leaf Tea Sampler (28 different flavors!)
- Essential Oil Diffuser (this grey wood-grain model is eye-catching)
- Voluspa Saijo Persimmon Candle (smells so good!)
- Illume Winter White Candle (the perfect cozy winter scent!)
- Yeti Stainless Steel Mug (no more cold coffee!)
For Prettiness & Pampering:
- Fresh Sugar Lip Color (This gives you the softest lips. I want one in every color!)
- Silk Eye Pillow Filled With Organic Lavender & Flax Seeds (zzzzzz)
Leave a comment telling me a memorable and unexpected gift you’ve received!